Terms, Conditions & Cookies
Welcome to PGY Group Limited, the operator of Yomo. Yomo is a mobile saving app that makes it easy for users to set aside funds for the future.
PGY Group Limited, Yomo, and/or their affiliates provide website features and other apps and services to you when you visit getyomo.com (the “website”), use Yomo apps or services, use Yomo applications for mobile, or use software provided by Yomo in connection with any of the foregoing. Yomo provides the Yomo Services subject to the conditions set out on this page.
Yomo is a trading name for PGY Group Limited.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read these conditions carefully before using Yomo. By using Yomo Services, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions. We offer a wide range of Yomo Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use a Yomo Service (for example Your Profile or Yomo applications for mobile), you will also be subject to the terms, guidelines and conditions applicable to that Yomo Service (“Service Terms”). If these Conditions of Use are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
In these terms and conditions “we/our” means PGY Group Limited (Company No. NI621068), registered in the United Kingdom with the registered office and principal place of business being at 108-112 Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 1DL. Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. YOUR ACCOUNT
When you set up an account with us, you must provide us with accurate, current and complete information. Failure to do so is a breach of contract and may result in termination of your account.
If you use any Yomo Service you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer and devices, and to the extent permitted by applicable law you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be used in an unauthorised manner. You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide us with are correct and complete, and for informing us of any changes to the information you have provided. You can access and update much of the information you have provided us with, including your account settings, in the Your Account area of the website.
You must not use any Yomo Service: (i) in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, any Yomo Service, or any access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way, or (ii) for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity, or (iii) to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or remove or edit content if you are in breach of applicable laws, these Conditions of Use or any other applicable terms and conditions, guidelines or policies.
3. LICENSE AND ACCESS
To use the Yomo service, you must become a member, and will be required to provide certain personal and banking information as may be required. Yomo does not provide any financial, tax or legal advice and cannot be held responsible for any consequences from the use of the money processed, saved and stored with our service. You should use your own judgement and obtain independent advice before purchasing or subscribing to financial apps and services.
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and applicable Service Terms and your payment of any applicable fees, Yomo or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable licence to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Yomo Services. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of any Yomo Service or its contents; any collection and use of any apps listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any Yomo Service or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms are reserved and retained by Yomo or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rights holders, or other content providers. No Yomo Service, nor any part of any Yomo Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Yomo without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilising Yomo’s names or trademarks without our express written consent.
You may not misuse the Yomo Services. You may use the Yomo Services only as permitted by law. The licences granted by Yomo terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All content included in or made available through any Yomo Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads and data compilations is the property of Yomo or its content suppliers. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any Yomo Service is the exclusive property of Yomo.
Yomo respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been used in a way that gives rise to concerns of infringement, please contact us on email@example.com.
Your use of Yomo is at your sole risk. It is provided on an “as is” basis. The service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. PGY Group do not warrant that it will function uninterrupted or be available at any particular time or location, that any errors, omissions or defects will be corrected, or that the app is free of viruses or other harmful components.
Yomo will not be responsible for (i) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part, or (ii) any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure), or (iii) any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the Yomo Services.
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your legal right to have goods sent or services provided within a reasonable time or to receive a refund if goods or services ordered cannot be supplied within a reasonable time owing to a cause beyond our reasonable control.
The laws of some countries do not allow some or all of the limitations described above. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above limitations may not apply to you and you might have additional rights.
Nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by us or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct.
We reserve the right to make changes to any Yomo Services, policies, terms and conditions including these Conditions of Use, and Service Terms at any time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions, policies and Conditions of Use in force at the time that you use the Yomo Services. If any of these Conditions of Use is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
All rights are reserved. The conditions above do not affect your statutory rights according to English law. Any contracts entered into will be governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
All rights including copyright in this website or mobile application are either owned by or licensed to PGY Group. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of PGY Group. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
Security is a priority for us and we realise it is a major issue for people moving money on the Internet. We understand that you need to know that a website is legitimate and that transactions are secure. When you place an order with us or access your account information online, this is done through a secure server which encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us using a secure socket layer (“SSL”).
None of our employees or our suppliers ever get to view your confidential card details when entered online. SSL is the industry standard security technology.
By using our online service, you accept any security risks and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless you can prove that this is due to our negligence or wilful default. We are not responsible for Agents or their actions except as authorised by us in writing.
9. ACCURACY OF CONTENT
Whilst PGY Group has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website and mobile application, it shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any such content.
10. YOUR DEVICES
PGY Group makes every effort to ensure that the mobile app and website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this app or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer or mobile device. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the mobile app and website, and screen out anything that may damage it. PGY Group shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
11. OTHER LEGAL NOTICES
There may be legal notices on other areas of this website which relate to your use of this website, all of which will, together with these terms & conditions, govern your use of this website. We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions from time to time and you should check them regularly for any changes.
When registering on our website you warrant that all personal information you are required to give is true, accurate and complete and you will notify us of any changes as soon as possible.
13. LAW, JURISDICTION AND LANGUAGE
This website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
PGY Group Limited can be contacted at (a) postal address: Customer Care, PGY Group Limited, 108-112 Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 1DL or (b) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES & PRIVACY
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognise your device and to provide features, Recommendations, interest-based advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your account between visits. Any reference to “sites” of Yomo includes our Yomo website, mobile apps or other software.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site.
- Delivering content, including advertisements, relevant to your interests on Yomo sites and third-party sites. Our interest-based ads are subject to your preferences as described in the next section.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may generally exercise your preferences through Your Account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your account and/or shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Yomo’s content, products and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
On Yomo-owned and operated sites and unaffiliated sites, Yomo may display interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalised or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our sites, use of devices, apps or software, visiting sites that contain Yomo content or ads, interacting with Yomo tools or using our payment services.
We do not associate your interaction with unaffiliated sites with your identity in providing you with interest-based ads.
We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party sites that display our interest-based ads. However, advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalised ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards (for example, users in a particular geographical area or users who bought or browsed for classical music). Also, some third-parties may provide us information about you (such as demographic information or sites where you have been shown ads) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
DOES YOMO SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Yomo shares customer information only as described below, and with Yomo Ltd. and PGY Group Ltd.:
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Yomo or sell offerings to you at Yomo. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services or sell product lines jointly with or on behalf of these businesses. Click here for some examples of co-branded and joint offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Yomo customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Yomo or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Yomo and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Yomo, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We may only reveal the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. For more information on how to sign off click here.
WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at Yomo, including personalised or interest-based ads, please see our Cookies and Advertising policy.
WHAT INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Yomo gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Yomo for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of some Yomo features.
- You can add or update certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- If you don’t want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalise advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE YOMO?
Yomo doesn’t sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use Yomo only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES & REVISIONS
If you have any concern about privacy at Yomo, please contact us at email@example.com with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use and Sale will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.